Please join APT-DVC for a tour of the historic campus and trade shops of Williamson College of the Trades. A brief overview of the history and vision of the future for Williamson will be given by President Michael J. Rounds, along with a tour of the shops by Pete Zwolak, Director of Masonry. A full lunch will be offered at the conclusion of the tour.
The 220-acre campus, located in Middletown Township, Delaware County, PA, was purchased in 1889. Frank Furness, one of the most prominent architects of the day, was employed to design the buildings. Williamson opened in 1891 and it offered three-year programs in bricklaying, carpentry, machine shop, and pattern-making. With the first graduation in 1894, it became a significant pioneer in America’s vocational education movement.
Williamson College of the Trades currently offers Craftsman Diplomas in Carpentry and Masonry and Associate in Specialized Technology Degrees in Construction Technology (with an emphasis on carpentry or masonry); Horticulture, Landscaping and Turf Management; Machine Tool Technology; Paint and Coatings Technology; and Power Plant Technology.
Begun in the 19th century, Williamson still provides a free, quality trade and technical education to qualified young men and continues to upgrade its programs to meet the current challenges of advancing technology.
Please email ADMIN@APT-DVC.ORG to register